ALBUQUERQUE NURSING HOME ABUSE AND NEGLECT LAWYER
Few personal injury cases are as horrifying and inexcusable as those involving abuse of the vulnerable elderly by the caregivers you entrusted with their welfare. The lawys at Duhigg, Cronin, Spring, & Berlin fight tirelessly for justice in personal injury cases of elder and nursing home abuse and neglect in Albuquerque and its surrounding areas.
Common Signs of Elder or Dependent Abuse
Many victims of elder or dependent abuse or unable or unwilling to speak out about the abuse that is occurring. They may even be unaware that what they are experiencing is abuse. As the family member or loved one of someone living in a nursing home or other care facility, it is important that you are able to spot the signs of potential abuse. By knowing what to look for, you can act quickly to stop the abuse and hold the responsible parties accountable. Some signs include:
- Sudden changes in mood or behavior
- Unexplained injuries, including bruises, bed sores, and broken bones
- Slip and fall accidents that occur in elder or dependent care facilities
- Reluctance to see a doctor for wounds or injuries
- Trouble sleeping or sudden loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- The appearance of sexually transmitted diseases
- Unusual and unexplained withdrawals from bank accounts
- Changes to legal documents or documents suddenly disappearing
- Decreased appetite or unexplained weight loss
- Changes to prescribed medication, missed doses, or overdosing
Contact Our Albuquerque Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers Now
At Duhigg, Cronin, Spring, & Berlin, we provide compassionate, personalized legal services and tirelessly advocacy for our clients. Our team takes the time to listen to your story and understand the unique details of your situation. From there, we can help you navigate the legal process of filing a claim and working to recover just compensation for your injuries and other damages.