Is there a limit on the amount I can recover in an injury case?

It depends on the type of case. In a motor vehicle accident, you may be limited to the amount of insurance the other driver has, along with your underinsured motorist coverage. If it is against a physician, it may be subject to the New Mexico Medical Malpractice cap which places a limit on damages of $600,000.00 plus medical expenses. If it’s against a state, city, or county governmental entity, you may be limited to $400,000.00 for pain and suffering and $300,000.00 for medical expenses.